This is a collection of objects from POVRay user. The collection is public, that means everybody can access to the object and everybody is welcome to
put up his or her own objects. The idea of this collection is to share, so when you download objects please take care to help this collection growing by adding
objects you have written or modelled by yourself.
Though this collection is a POVRay collection, objects which are made with modellers (e.g. MORAY, Rhino3D) are also welcome. If you want to add such an object,
please send your object in the format usually used with your modeller AND in the .pov format.
To add an object, you have to prepare following:
- The POVRay file with your source code of the object. (Please zip larger files.)
- It would be nice when you gave the scale of your object, that means how much 1 pov unit is (recommended is 1 Unit = 1 cm).
- It's recommended that you write your name and your email address as comment into your POV file.
- A brief description of your object.
- Either no copyright or you must write to your file that it's allowed to use and to publish it.
- Possibly the file with the source code for a modeller. (Please zip larger
- Optionally an 120x90 image which shows your object. (Either a
.tga file or a .gif/.jpg file with less than 3.5kB.)
There are two ways how to submit your object:
This way of submission functions certainly. But it means a lot of work for me. Otherwise please try out the web submission first and use
the email submission only if there is an error or you have problems or when your object isn't shown in the collection a week after your submission.
This kind of submission is quite easy:
Write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org which contains the things listened above.
This way of submission has worked quite well recently. I haven't heard of any
problems. Though don't be surprised if something goes wrong.
This submission is now completely web based. It works (or should work)
with netscape 2.0 and higher. I don't know about IE and other browsers.
Click here and fill out the form.
Thank you for your efforts.